My name is Charmain. It’s spelled with no ‘E’ and pronounced ‘shar-mayne’. People have mistaken me to be a chairman of some sorts because of my name.
But I’m more of a writer and editor.
This is a safe space where I can practice, improve and track my writing while finding my niche. Hopefully, I can show along the way what I have to offer.
This blog is also a window to my personal life.
I’m not here to meet word counts. My first intent is to live. The second is to learn and grow from life, and for me, writing is the best way to give shape to those thoughts and experiences.
I don’t have it all together, but I’m optimistic with where this blog can go. I look forward to the journey, and hope you’ll journey with me, too!
Other things you might want to know about me:
- I’m a 20-something old soul whose life has been defined by movement. At the point of writing, I’m based in Singapore with my husband.
- I’m a Malaysian with Peranakan Chinese roots, and am proud to be a Southeast Asian!
- But I also wonder if I’m secretly Hispanic, because I love Tex-Mex, all kinds of dance and the Spanish language.
- English is my first language. I am conversant in Malay, can shop in elementary Mandarin, and know a handful of sign language.
- I was homeschooled for 7 years, and graduated with an American high school diploma from Christian Liberty Academy.
- I also got an undergraduate degree in international studies and journalism.
- Speaking of Christian, Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior. I hope to live a life worthy to be called His disciple.
- I’ve got too many books, more books than I can read.
- Healthy and fit is the way to go, but there’s always room for chocolate, ice-cream and the occasional slice of cake.
- I have some 6-years of experience, but I’m still learning to be a better writer and editor.